Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The First Real Letter!!!


I'm on but i feel suppppper rushed!! We just had P-day or P hours as they call it hear because we only get like 2 hours plus an hour for email. I miss fourth of July so much, but I wore my Bass Pro Shop shirt at night on the fourth because i rep USA til i die. To bad about the World Cup though...i cant remember if i told you, we watched that game on the plane over even though we tried not too...I know whats going on still because we hear about it. I think Brasil and Netherlands played today? So i did exchange money in the airport and i could only spend it today so far but i bought a libro de himnos and come candy and Gatorade, but the gatorade is not the same...the bread is really good here at the CCM like Joe said! The meals are good too, they are just plain. Its usually just pasta, potatoes, or rice with meat or something. We have classes allll day long. it's exhausting, 6:30 wake up, study, exercise, get ready, then actually classes start at 10 and end at 10 at night. We are always speaking in spanish except for this Sunday. This Sunday was so sweet, it was like so relaxing compared to all the other days. My district got to pass and bless the sacrament. So we dont really learrn spanish, they just talk in spanish and we have to say if we dont understand. But we are learning sooo much like its weird because its not like taught well like a spanish class. The gift of tongues is so real. I forgot what that was called at first because I pray every day in spanish por el don del lenguas haha. Today we saw these missionaries in the streets from Norte Mission who came for a doctors appointment and there were 2 peruvians and a guy from Wyoming (near where we were like 3 weeks ago!) and he said he knew no spanish coming in, and a year later (today) he was having trouble speaking english! I'm stoked. Im doing well for my district, i probably know spanish more than all but one kid, but he can just conjugate words better. My companion is Elder Jensen and he was made district leader way back when on Thursday. We have 8 total in it, including 2 hermanas. Joe virga left here right before we got here i believe. I dont know if ill be able to upload photos because I dont have my cord with me, its in the room and my comp didnt want to go get it....hes a little bossy but its cool. I dont really say anything because I dont really get along that well with anyone here, but all together everyone is funny and cool. Mom I think i want Romans 1 verse 16 on my plague. I might think of something else though. We stay with 4 to a room and thats ok, it kinda stinks. One of the elders from Arizona is comps with this other hilarious kid and i cant tell you enough stories but last night, Elder Kemp, not from Arizona..got so happy when the CCM presidents wife told him that they had Twinkies here, he hugged Hermana Doll (the CCM presidents wife) hahaha he was so embarrassed and he got in trouble. I have to see if i can get to other emails so this might be it! Love you heaps, Im reading one note a day from friends and family from my open house. Tell Brent Dunny if you can that i loved his and wrote a quote from it on our white board. Actually i think we left today....Tell sarah maybe. LOVE YOU bye Mom and family!

And a few lines that he wrote to Curtis:  

They say the teachers speak spanish for the first 2 weeks then we trade and they will understand but not speak it. And then the 5th and 6th weeks there is no ingles. Im learning a lot already because they just speak spanish until one of us asks what they said. but its supppper slow spanish. We cant leave the CCM except for P days for 2 hours and for exercise in the mornings. Thats good about Leah, Ill pray for here. We get to go to the temple tomorrow. We get to go 3 times while we are here. We teach investigators who are just our teachers role playing, but they role play that they cant speak english at all so they just stare at you if you speak in english. Its hard especially cause my companion hardly speaks spanish. Its good though, we will learn. Sell my truck but leave my long board for now thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment